Saturday, September 5, 2009

14KT - Nowalataz (Instrumental Album)



Staying with the instrumental album theme, I found this Dilla influenced project from Detroit producer, 14KT.

About the concept:
Here it is...a project I unofficially had done since 2006. It started when James Yancey a.k.a. J Dilla passed that February. To cope with the death of my favorite producer, who I liked to call my unofficial “musical mentor”, I started making “donuts”...uncontrollably.
I never planned to release any of the material out of respect for Dilla & his craft. I've shared some of the music with others, in which they would repeatedly ask me to hear it, so I decided to put a little something together and make it official.
This is a collection of beats created about 3 years ago. Some "donuts" style, some just around that era of 14KT beats.
"Now & Laters" were always a favorite candy of mine. They are addictive, yet fun eat...a feeling I found mutual when making music at the time. Ironically, I fell back in love with "Nowalataz" around this era. Enjoy.
-14KT

DOWNLOAD:
14KT - Nowalataz

No comments:

Post a Comment